Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to reality

I got back from Florida yesterday- it was awesome!  I even managed to Slolem (spelling??) ski.  To be honest, I’m not sure if it counts since I was only able to stay up for about 5- seconds max, but I will be able to perfect my technique next May when I’ll be back for Mackenzie’s wedding.

Maintaining a healthy eating schedule can be tough on vacation, but everyone was really supportive with my dietary needs, and had stocked up the house with low- sugar and high-protein foods.  In fact, the issue I had most often was dips in my blood sugar level- which apparently is what happens when you are being very active and waterskiing, swimming and jogging on a regular basis!  The only time my sugar levels spiked was a result of too many Georgia peaches.  I just can’t wrap my head around fruit being something I have to monitor… grrr.  In happy news, peanuts are practically carb-free, and Hot Boiled Peanuts were just as delicious as I remember them to be!  I also got to indulge in Scuppernong grapes.  In short, I got all of my Florida panhandle favorites: hot boiled peanuts, juicy Georgia peaches, tart Scuppernongs; waterskiing and hanging out with the family.  I even got to bring home a beautiful painting Dad did of the Chattanooga

No comments:

Post a Comment