Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Plans

While I will miss terribly mom’s coconut cream pie and rolls; andwould have loved to be in Sequim; things worked out that I will be in NYC for the holidays. I’ll be watching the parade on the TV set- replace ‘Party’ with crowd and this diagram explains why (via http://thisisindexed.com):

 At any rate; I am looking forward to having Thanksgiving with my friend Brenda, who I work with.  She sent the cutest e-mail today, calling it “Girls Thanksgiving Extravaganza” and reiterating what each of us will be bringing. We ladies get things done! Note: it’s the last line of this that I really love).

What: Thanksgiving Dinner @ Brenda's
Date: Thursday, November 25
Time:  5 p.m.
Address: 123 E. 123th Street, Apt 1A (btwn Ave and Ave)

Main Entrees:
§  Turkey (Brenda w/ Lillian prepping) / Gravy (Brenda)
§  Mashed Potatoes (Gigi)
§  Stuffing  (Lillian)
§  Cranberry Sauce (Lillian)
§  Yeast Rolls (Gina)
§  Brussel Sprouts (Andrea)
§  Green Salad (Laura)  <<(score!)
§  Sweet Potatoes (Liz)
           
Dessert:
·         Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze (Gina)
·         Apple Pie (Gigi)
·         Coffee

Utensils:
·        Orange, red and yellow knives, forks and spoons

I don’t know why, but it really cracks me up she felt the color of the utensils was important enough to include in the invitation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment